WOG is the first national network of petrol stations and the second largest network of filling stations in Ukraine, with 415 stations as of January 2016. WOG aims not only to fill the cars with guaranteed high-quality fuel, but also to take care of comfort and convenience for customers. The company has its own network of stores WOG Market and restaurants WOG Cafe, produces its own brand of fuel called Mustang and car service products under the brand WOG.
The main goal of the company was the acceleration of operations, an increase in commodity turnover, an improvement of the customer service quality and the provision of modern services in places that are not equipped with stationary retail equipment.
Over the course of 2 years, the company has been gradually introducing a new data collection and management system, as well as modern formats for convenient and fast customer service. To automate operating processes in the station network, compact complexes were acquired, consisting of iPhone 5s, Linea Pro multi-function nozzle (QR and barcode scanner, a magnetic card reader, etc.) and Excellio fiscal mobile recorder. A specially developed software supports the target operation of the devices.
Today, WOG uses data collection terminals to:
- quickly receive and account for the goods in the warehouses and distribution centers of the network;
- conduct inventory of goods for WOG MARKET in real time;
- transfer planograms of the display of goods for retail workers of the WOG stores network;
- accelerate internal electronic communication between employees and the implementation of SLA-services.
The solution is also involved in such projects as:
- “Mobile cash register”, which contributes to making queues shorter via ordering and paying for services on the spot;
- “Mobile cashier” in “Intercity” trains, where the WOG CAFE and WOG MARKET goods are sold using a bluetooth mobile banking terminal.
The implementation of these innovative efforts of company management over a test period of more than 1 year has helped successfully achieve such strategic goals of the company:
- eliminating personnel errors that occurred during manual operations;
- increase the speed of internal and external work processes – the organization of trade and customer service;
- optimization of operating costs for material and technical means and workplaces.
Oleg Kushil, IT-director of the WOG petrol station network, explains the choice of platform for the modernization of the enterprise with economic benefits and practical feasibility:
Previously, repricing was a long process of scanning, accounting of goods and entering data into the system manually. For this reason, we began to look for solutions that would simplify and accelerate the work of the staff, and also would allow us to increase the level of service provided to our customers. iOS was chosen as the mobile platform because it is characterized by high reliability and system stability, the possibility of easy integration with the infrastructure and flexible development of its own online applications according to the needs of the business. In combination with auxiliary mobile digital devices that are manufactured only for Apple products, we got a more profitable and productive solution for optimizing our business tasks. In addition, thanks to our partnership with ASBIS-Ukraine, we can count on quick and professional warranty and post-warranty services for our corporate devices
Aleksey Grebenev, Head of corporate sales of Apple products at ASBIS-Ukraine commented:
Technical progress is constantly gaining momentum, and to be the leader of the market you need to be already investing in the latest methods of enterprise management. The WOG network is a great example of successful integration of technologies for building a modern business model. We are proud that together we have managed to implement an innovative European-level project based on Apple solutions. We will be happy to follow the further achievements and transformations of the company aimed at maintenance of customer-oriented service.