What's the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)?
VDI is a desktop-centric service that hosts user desktop environments on remote servers and storage systems, which are accessed over a network using a remote display protocol. Enterprises are converting physical desktops to Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) since it provides efficient hardware utilization and centralized management while reducing costs.
Infortrend storage has been designed with extensive virtualization support, offering user-friendly features that make VDI configuration easier and more efficient. Our storage delivers optimal performance with Hybrid Drive technology (HDD/SSD) and flexible SAS/SATA drive options via bridge board that allows versatile VDI deployment from light-weight to heavy workload. Our storage is also compatible with industry-leading solutions such as VMware, Windows Hyper-V, and Citrix.
Hybrid Storage Solutions for Boot Storm
One of the major challenges in VDI implementation is Boot Storm. Boot storm occurs when all the virtual machines are powered on simultaneously. To overcome such a challenge, Infortrend storage features SSD cache to cache all the hot data from desktops at the moment of boot up or Automated Storage Tiering to ensure hot data are stored in SSD pool tier for fast access.
Versatile Storage Performance for Flexible VDI Deployment
Infortrend storage offers wide-ranging storage choices and performance-level that support flexible VDI deployment from light-weight to heavy workload and from small work-group to large Enterprise environment.
Enterprise SAN Storage
EonStor DS Family
- Hybrid drive (SSD/HDD) support with excellent price performance ratio
- Best Cost-Performance Solution: as low as $20/desktop
Unified Storage for SMEs
EonStor GS Family
- Integrates NAS, SAN in a storage system:
- SAN for OS & Applications of VDI
- NAS for user folder (3rd party tools are required)
All-Flash Unified Storage for Large Enterprise
EonStor GSa Family
- Up to 700K high IOPs with <0.5 ms latency
- SAS/SATA SSD support for targeted price/performance
Infortrend VDI Solution Advantages
Cost-Effective & Outstanding Performance
- Unprecedented and stable IOPS performance for intensive workloads and solving boot storms
- Max. read performance : 700K IOPS with less than 0.5ms response time
- Features SSD Cache and Automated Storage Tiering to improve overall performance and reduce $/GB
Scalability & Resiliency
- EonStor GS and GSa unified storages consolidate SAN and NAS in a single system to provide easy folder sharing and better data protection for all VDI users, thus simplify the VDI deployment
- Support massive data capacity up to 10PB with 896 drives for scalability
- Dual-redundant design to ensure high availability
- VMware, Windows Hyper-V and Citrix ready
High Availability & Reliability
- Support block-level and SMB 3.0 continuous failover to prevent unexpected downtime
- Redundant controllers and components for high availability and easy maintenance
- Cache backup technology to prevent data loss during power failure
- Support Remote Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) to ensure the data integrity and availability
For more information, please, contact our representative firstname.lastname@example.org